Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Canada Bread serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and food service operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and food service outlets.
We are currently looking to hire 2 Production Supervisors
to join one of our bakery manufacturing plants as one of the plant leaders in Hamilton in a mandatory rotational shift environment (days/afternoons/nights)
This exciting role requires a hands-on individual who is looking for a challenge and opportunity to learn, grow and build their leadership skills while being a part of a global organization with endless opportunities for future growth and development.
The Production Supervisor is integral to the implementation and execution of various change management and continuous improvement initiatives across the plant from the ground up, including but not limited to; production, sanitation, quality control, maintenance, health & safety and warehousing activities.
Education & Work Experience:
- Develop, lead and coach employees through effective training and recognition. Direct hourly associates for the efficient operation of the facility.
- Drive key performance indicators for area of responsibility (line speeds, efficiency, waste, labor costs, compliance to schedule etc).
- Keep updated on performance measurements, and apply corrective actions where necessary.
- Document and maintain accurate records with respect to employee performance, product quality, daily reconciliation, health and safety, and payroll. Adhere to Company and AIB standards. Apply as necessary, employee handbook, discipline, and hiring processes.
- Play a key role in the development and maintenance of a safety culture. Ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the Company's safety program by utilizing best practices in safety leadership (orientation, training, observation, correction, positive reinforcement). Involvement in safety audits, identification of hazards and corrections, and other preventative approaches.
- Execute accident investigations in a timely and accurate fashion, and carry out any follow up required as a result of the investigation.
- Active involvement and leadership in the implementation and execution of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work in partnership with the Maintenance department to assist in prevention / rectification of breakdowns.
- Work in partnership with the Quality Assurance department to prevent and resolve any quality issues. Ensure adherence to all quality requirements including GMP’s, HACCP, SOP’s, specifications etc.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in food processing or manufacturing experience in a related industry with a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Formal technical baking education would be an asset (AIB).
- Must have a flexible schedule in order to work the three shift rotations ( days, afternoons, nights) as well as every other weekend
- Proficient computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Knowledge and commitment to health and safety standards, regulations, supervisory responsibilities and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule employees and production shifts within a multi-shift environment.
Canada Bread provides a positive working environment and opportunity for career growth and development. Our associates include people who are enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We invite you to explore our Careers section to discover more about our high performance culture at Canada Bread.
To be considered for this role please apply with a cover letter addressing the criteria listed above and an updated resume in Word format by clicking “Apply Now” below. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note all offers of employment at Canada Bread Company, Limited are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.