Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
- Provide leadership and direct supervision over unionized, hourly-paid associates.
- Manage safe, cost effective and efficient production of our quality fresh baked products, relying upon your supervisory team as well as quality assurance, maintenance and sanitation resources to continue to improve against standard.
- Continuously improve our manufacturing resources, process, and efficiencies.
- Develop and maintain capable and effective associates in all related functions.
- Ensure associate safety and overall compliance to the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Train associates in job duties, safety procedures and company policies and recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions.
- Maintain a positive union and employee-relations environment in support of cost effective production of quality products by all plant associates.
- Ensure open and effective communications with all other departments to ensure optimal quality standards and that capital equipment is properly maintained to ensure trouble-free and on-time manufacturing.
- Manage WCB injury cases and costs and ensure early and safe return to work of associates.
- Evaluate individuals as to work performance and counsel when and if required.
- Maintain professional behaviors in all dealings with associates that report to this position, colleagues and other departments.
- Participate in supervisor meetings and training to continue to develop professional skills and treat all associates with dignity.
- Continuously improve the manufacturing process in supporting Six Sigma methodologies by identifying opportunities and breakthrough thinking.
- Meet/exceed product yield and labour efficiency standards.
- Leading associates in the execution of HACCP - GMPs.
- 4-7 years supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computers (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Food industry experience is an asset
- Knowledge of HACCP and GMP’s
- Knowledge of KRONOS systems
- Knowledge of Oracle and PC Data software is an asset
- The successful candidate will be results oriented and possess a successful track record in an ever changing, fast-paced environment
- Must show initiative and able to exercise timely and good judgment in day-to-day business decisions
- Willingness to learn, live and teach our Grupo Bimbo Values
- Six Sigma training or project participation would be an asset
- Ability to work varied shifts
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.