Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 17 bakeries and employs approximately 4,125 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Canada Bread serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
POSITION: Quality Assurance Technician - Co-op
REPORTS TO: Quality Assurance Manager
- Verify that ingredients and finished products meet QA standards.
- Review and analyze microbiological, chemical, and environmental results and follow up to ensure problems are rectified.
- Verify that all CCP’s and process parameters function according to specifications.
- Update formulas and process parameters as necessary
- Providing Operations with comprehensive support on complaints investigation and resolution.
- Develop and implement improvements in quality production techniques
- Support the interpretation and enforcement of HACCP
- Provide training to management team and line operators in areas of food hygiene, GMP and Food Safety.
- Maintains and updates Food Quality Manual to align with corporate QA requirements.
- Interacts with Production, Maintenance, Sanitation and line employees when quality / food safety issues arise.
- Provides support to Technical Support group, Product Development staff and Operations on product improvement, troubleshooting and product transfers.
- Provides reports on Quality Compliance and Food Safety to the plant and the Technical Services Leadership team.
- Maintains external contacts with regulatory agencies, customer representatives and supplier representatives as required fulfilling duties.
- Maintains internal contacts with Operations, Distribution, Sales Operations and Sales Management as required to inform and direct them on quality and food safety issues
- Actively participates on overall Quality and Food Safety continuous improvement programs.
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow GMPs, Food Safety and Health & Safety requirements
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & WORK EXPERIENCE
Please note all offers of employment at Canada Bread Company, Limited are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
- Strong communication skills
- Food Safety Background
- HACCP experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Candidates must be flexible to work in a 24 hour environment (shift work)
- 2 plus years experience related to a Quality Assurance Technician role
- Post Secondary Education
Canada Bread Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Canada Bread Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com.
Canadian food and beverage manufacturers are working on an urgent basis to adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic, with a goal that we all clearly share: to sustain the food supply chain at levels that will meet the needs of Canadians. Bimbo Canada takes this responsibility to feed Canadians with fresh baked products seriously
, especially during these uncertain days. By simply living our purpose of being highly-productive and deeply humane
, we remain laser focused during this crisis to strike the right balance of protecting our Associates’ safety and wellbeing while continuing to produce and serve all Canadians with the highest quality bread and snacks. We are currently hiring for a number of positions enabling us to continue to nourish Canadians in this time of need
Please reach out to https://www.bimbocanada.com/careers
for more information about roles and locations across Canada.