Utilizing skills in Food Science and Quality Assurance, the position directs the Quality and Food Safety programs at the bakery level. Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager and with a strong relationship to the bakery operations management, the individual has direct accountability for product quality and safety.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Maintaining finished product specifications through performance of document control tasks and updating of information as required, plus ensuring statistical validation on process versus specifications.
- Managing formulas and Standard Operating Procedures in order to ensure compliance to budgeted formula and regulatory requirements, as well as consistency of production.
- Complaint management and investigation, including support for operations in corrective actions
- Performs internal audits of: Formula Control, SOP’s and CCP’s, Bakery GMP audits, Supplier audits, and supports Operations with third-party audits.
- Manages the non-conformance process for ingredients, packaging and finished products.
- Ensures follow-up on Corrective Action requests.
- Supports Operations in their Quality Control responsibilities, including managing control charts, Hold Control/Investigation.
- Supports and follows up on Good Manufacturing Practices in the bakery.
- Supports Technical Services coordinators and Product Development staff on product improvement, troubleshooting and product transfers.
- Maintains Quality Assurance laboratory facilities and equipment as well as calibration of on-line Quality Control measurement equipment.
- Prefer 2- 5 years’ experience in Food Quality Assurance or related industry, with food manufacturing plant experience an asset.
- Requires a Bachelor level degree in Food Science or equivalent education/experience in a similar discipline.
- Must be team oriented and have a high degree of initiative in problem solving
- Must be competent in interpersonal skills, including the ability to train and motivate individuals at the bakery floor level.
- Must also be able to demonstrate a high level of skill in diagnosis and analysis of data with the ability to draw conclusions and make recommendation for corrective action.
- Must have a moderate to high level of computer skills, including the use of statistical analysis, data analysis skills and report writing.