Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 16 bakeries and employs approximately 4,100 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls. As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Markets: Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets, and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream, and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
Safety Culture Job safety is the first responsibility of every individual that is part of an operating team. Compliance with safety rules, operating procedures, and sound practices is the expectation for all personnel working in the Bakery.
Individual is responsible for installing, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial electrical equipment. Associate works both as a member of crew and individually, under minimal supervision, to perform the functions of the job.
- Responsible for completing a work schedule in cooperation with departments and the Maintenance/ Production Supervisors/ Maintenance Manage
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair :
- Electrical equipment (AC Drives, power controls circuits, starters, MCCs)
- Microprocessor based systems (PLCs, DCS, Electronic circuits, controls)
- Low and medium voltage distribution systems (single and three phase systems)
- Instrumentation (pneumatic controls, PID, transducers, servos, analog/digital signals)
- Power distribution and generation (generators, transformers, switchgears, breakers)
- Communication and Data Systems (closed circuit TV, timekeeping, phone/computer)
- HVAC, emergency systems (boilers, refrigeration, energy control, alarm)
- Performs all duties thoroughly and accurately to sustain optimal performance of equipment and minimize downtime and costs while in compliance with HACCP rules, JSA’S, SOP’s and other requirements.
- Actively participates in our electrical preventive maintenance program on processing equipment. Recommend and implement corrective action and required repairs
- Responsible for trouble shooting of machinery to minimize down time; acts upon an intense sense of urgency to on-floor calls and emergencies.
- Responsible for a qualified and safe operation of the power plant
- Ensures that all required documentation is completed correctly and on time. This may include Daily Time Sheets, Preventative Maintenance logs, equipment monitoring, work orders, inventory counts, etc
- Responsible for housekeeping and maintaining a tidy, clean and safe work area on the floor and in the maintenance shop. Follows established cleaning protocols.
- Acts as a liaison for contractors conducting repairs in the Plant.
- Must practice good communication skills with Maintenance Team Members, Production Supervisors and Management and all plant associates. Has good teamwork and inter-personal communication skills.
- Responsible for compliance to Health & Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety and Environmental standards at all times
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Health & Safety Programs, and Good Manufacturing Practice
- Actively participate in, and report all Health & Safety/Quality issues to Shift Supervisor/QA
- Attends all meetings as required
- Performs other duties as required Receive, organize, and account for spare parts and tools in the inventory
- Perform monthly inventory physical count on the maintenance inventory
- Keep inventory organized and clean.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Completion of high school
- 3-5 years of experience in a highly automated industrial manufacturing environment
- 442A Red Seal Industrial Electrician License or 309A Red Seal Construction & Maintenance Electrician
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong electrical, instrumentation, automation, pneumatics experience required
- Medium Voltage, Weigh Scales, Vision Systems, HMI, Siemens S5/S7, Allen Bradley SLC5 PLC, VFD, Servomotors, Profibus / Ethernet Network Communications experience essential.
- Strong decision making, problem solving troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet deadlines
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and ability
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Able to work alone and as a team member
- Must be able to work with minimal or no supervisio
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Must be willing to work scheduled (day/ afternoon/ night) shifts and weekends
- Must be prepared to work extra overtime hours when required
- Must have excellent work & attendance recor
- Be able to follow GMP & Food Safety regulations
- Warm and humid working environment
- Work with chemicals
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Physically demanding, heavy lifting, must be able to handle weight up to 40 lbs.