The Senior Sales Analyst
is responsible for providing information on established Field Sales key performance indicators, as well as conducting detailed and often complex ad hoc analyses of business results. He/she leverages BI tools and business acumen to augment reporting with insights around what’s driving results, and recommends ways to assess and measure opportunities for continuous results improvement. He/she works in partnership with cross functional associates from all regions of Canada to understand the needs of the commercial team, and to design and implement appropriate solutions to meet them.
The Senior Sales Analyst has a strong knowledge of order management, DSD delivery, merchandising, and in-store selling, and is able to develop meaningful formats for assessing performance in these areas of the business. This may include reports, workbooks, trackers, and formal presentations to various levels of management. Analysis is executed with integrity and precision, and is timely and well organized in order to enhance sales and business efforts and support senior level decision-making.
The Senior Sales Analyst plays a key role in supporting the organization through ongoing business transformation, including implementation of new technology and enhanced sources of sales data/intelligence. He/she embraces new systems and tools with agility, and advocates for their adoption amongst other users by offering training and support. He/she is comfortable working in an environment that relies on multiple data sources, and that includes advanced analytics models such as AI and/or machine learning.
The Senior Sales Analyst is focused on growing sales, reducing waste, and maximizing profitability. Importance is placed on problem solving through continuous improvement of reporting processes, systems, and models, with emphasis on national standardization. He/she will lead projects and initiatives, develop / launch new sales tools, provide user training and support, and will implement formal standards to ensure data integrity across all activities at all times.
- Collate and synthesize data from multiple systems to produce regional, national, and functional business results in various reporting formats
- Analyze and present results with insights and recommendations for business performance and decision making
- Guide and maintain the application of advanced analytics models to support business strategies
- Validate sales master data, and ensure data integrity and accuracy in all outputs
- Investigate and resolve possible data corruption and discrepancies and implement control plans to ensure maintenance
- Act as key user for BI tools, supporting system improvements and offering training and support to sales users
- Provide leadership for identified projects, process improvements, and sales tool development and training
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Business or Sales Analyst role is required
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, and Power Point required (MS Access is an asset)
- Strong business/financial acumen and advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forward-thinking and solution-oriented, comfort with recommending innovative solutions
- Highly organized, autonomous and able to work in a fast-paced, complex and dynamic environment
- Time-management skills including a strong sense of urgency and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Meticulous about the accuracy and quality of work, including an acute attention to detail
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Agile with a strong appetite for learning and professional development
- Post-secondary education in business or related field is an asset
- Experience in CPG or FMCG is preferred
- This position can be based anywhere in Canada