WHO ARE WE:
Bimbo Bakehouse is a leader in the baking industry, known for its category leading brands, innovative products, freshness and quality. As part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company, Bimbo Bakehouse is proud to share the company philosophy: Highly Productive and Deeply Humane. At Bimbo Bakehouse
we are guided by our values, which place the person at the center. We foster a culture of safety, trust, teamwork and support for our associates and promote their personal and professional development.
This position is responsible for providing direction and leadership to hourly associates, requires a hands-on individual responsible for health & safety, productivity, yields, equipment operation, training, quality and continuous improvement through initiative and guidance of our Lean Manufacturing Program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take initiative and exercise timely and good judgment in the day-to-day business decisions and activities.
- Develop, lead and coach employees through effective training and recognition. Direct hourly associates for the efficient operation of the facility.
- Drive key performance indicators for area of responsibility (i.e. line speeds, efficiency, waste, labor costs, compliance to schedule, etc.).
- Keep updated on performance measurements, and apply corrective actions where necessary.
- Work in partnership with the Maintenance department to assist in prevention / rectification of breakdowns.
- Learn, develop and exhibit behaviours consistent with Grupo Bimbo (GB) leadership values.
- Document and maintain accurate records with respect to employee performance, product quality, daily reconciliation, health and safety, and payroll.
- Adhere to Company and AIB standards. Apply as necessary, employee handbook, and hiring processes.
- Provide performance management counseling and/or progressive discipline in a timely fashion manner.
- Play a key role in the development and maintenance of a safety culture.
- Ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the Company's safety program by utilizing best practices in safety leadership (orientation, training, observation, correction, positive reinforcement).
- Involvement in safety audits, identification of hazards and corrections, and other preventative approaches.
- Execute accident investigations in a timely and accurate fashion, and carry out any follow up required as a result of the investigation.
- Active involvement and leadership in the implementation and execution of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Work in partnership with the Quality Assurance department to prevent and resolve any quality issues. Ensure adherence to all quality requirements including GMP’s, HACCP, SOP’s, specifications etc.
- Flexible, capable and willing to be “hands-on” to perform any other technical or production-related tasks, as the circumstances may require.
- University degree or diploma, preferably within engineering.
- 2-3 years of experience in a food processing or manufacturing related industry.
- Formal technical baking education preferred (AIB).
- Willing to continuously learn and embrace change.
- Effective communication skills for training and leading associates in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must have a flexible schedule in order to work shifts as well as weekends.
- Proficient computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word) and problem-solving aptitude.
- Results-oriented team player.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards, regulations, supervisory responsibilities and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule hourly associates and production shifts within a multi-shift environment with a minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience.