Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets, and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream, and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands, reads and help to achieve the production schedule on time.
- Perform the task in a safe way taking care everyone around
- Verify product requirements such as: Shape, Color, product specifications
- Verify that the process line control parameters are to standard
- Continually monitor controls to ensure that product is to specification
- Ensures that all products are properly placed in the containers (peel boards, pans, wave trays, perforated trays, etc)
- Continually communicate with Lead hand and supervisor
- Comprehends and adheres to operational and safety features of the line
- Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety and other company procedures (hand washing, clean uniform, clean nails, etc).
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work area, including wiping equipment
- Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Lead hand immediately.
- Must meet the physical demands required for the job.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate the skill and ability to efficiently perform duties.
- Ability to work with others
- Good understanding of product requirements, types and varieties.
- Must perform basic mathematical functions.
- Good Communication skills
- Must be prepared to work extra hours when required.
Please note all offers of employment at Canada Bread Company, Limited are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Canada Bread Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs