Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com.
The Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager must demonstrate leadership values and have strong organizational, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills. We depend on this individual to quickly identify and help take action to ensure we are producing top quality and safe products.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Provide quick and precise answers to customer and consumer complaints. Investigate root cause in collaboration with the plant management team. Clearly communicate the investigation results to all stakeholders and is involved in complaint reduction projects.
- Manage the ingredients and products non-conformance system by filling out required reports, following up with outside suppliers or internal stakeholders accordingly to effectively resolve and prevent the reoccurrence of the non-conformities.
- Maintains the quality and food safety documentation up to date at plant level, including product specifications and formulas.
- Monitor and verify compliance to our Quality System by a thorough review of all records and forms linked to product quality and food safety. Follows up accordingly in case of non-conformances.
- Perform internal audits and inspections related to the food safety and quality system. Support the plant team during internal, third party or government inspections and audits.
- Manage the plant’s master training file, ensuring all associates go through all required training in a timely manner. Provide training on quality and food safety programs.
- Plan and execute the tests and controls mandated through our Quality System.
- Provide support to the plant team on continuous improvement projects, following up on corrective actions and customer requests.
- Prepare and continue maintaining Key Performance Indicator trend reports.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Food Quality Assurance preferably in the food industry, with in depth knowledge of Quality Systems, GFSI (BRC) and FSMA (PCQI).
- B.SC in Food Science or equivalent combination of academic and professional experience.
- Must be team oriented and have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to coach and develop direct reports and skills to train and motivate associates at the bakery floor level as well.
- Must have a moderate to high level of computer skills, including data analysis and report writing of recommendations for corrective actions.