Why work for Bimbo Canada?
- Comprehensive and flexible company benefits plan
- Weekly Pay
- Associate rewards and recognition program
- Safety boot reimbursement
- Annual Company sponsored appreciation events
- Associate discount program for major vendors
- Diverse and Inclusive working environment
Bimbo Canada, an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo (the largest baking company in the world) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, & POM® just to name a few. The company operates 16 bakeries, 15 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country and employ more than 4,200 associates from coast to coast. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evening shift, Sunday-Thursday
- Night Shift Premium
- Permanent Position with Benefits
- Wage - $21.00/hr
- Responsible for understanding, preparing and effectively utilizing general sanitation chemicals (Safety Handling, Applications, Dilutions), and equipment cleaning requirements on all lines and general housekeeping.
- Apply knowledge of Health and Safety practices, procedures and principles as well as working knowledge of OHSA.
- Utilize and maintain in-house sanitation cleaning equipment including Foamers, Power washers, Vacuums, Sanitizers, and floor Scrubbers (training provided in house) as per tasks assigned
- Job tasks often require bending, significant walking, scrubbing above shoulder height, mopping moving objects, pull, push equipment etc.
- Understand, follow and maintain WHMIS procedures and regulations as required.
- Excellent physical condition with good energy and attitude
- Occasional lifting with a partner greater than 50 lbs. up to 75 lbs.
- Must have ability to troubleshoot equipment within the production environment.
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written English
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety and HACCP policies and procedures in a food manufacturing facility.
- Forklift, Boom, and Skyjack certification and experience.
- Ability to work overtime as required
Please note that all applicants that will be considered for this role must be double vaccinated for COVID-19. Successful candidates will also be required to provide proof of their vaccination status during the recruitment process