Bimbo Canada Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. Bimbo Canada operates 12 bakeries and employs approximately 3,800 Associates across Canada. It distributes its products through a network of more than 1,000 routes operated by franchisees, distributors and some Corporate Associates.
We are currently looking to hire a Distribution Supervisor who is looking to take the next step in their career.
The shift for this position is 4 pm to 12 pm, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.
The ideal candidate will oversee the team of shippers while ensuring that the highest standards of safety and efficient productivity are achieved with the objective of shipping accurate orders to our customer in a timely manner. Maintain a high level of productivity, staff morale and staff co-operation in a unionized environment.
• People Leadership - develop shippers’ skills through excellent interpersonal and team building skills, open communication and high level of interaction.
• Safety – model safe work procedures and ensure team is working safely at all times. Act as the health and safety co-chair for these sites. Enforce safe operating procedures, GMPs and personal protective equipment.
• Lead all health and safety objectives and period meetings for the specified depots.
• Maintain a positive workplace environment while effectively coordinating loading, transport and all other warehouse activities.
• Handle and communicate issues to depots, the third party carriers and dispatch drivers.
• Utilize docks, warehouse layout and route truck loading patterns that minimize loading time.
• Managing all labor schedules of shippers ensuring sufficient coverage.
• Vacation coverage for shippers.
• Report on depots’ metrics.
• Act as a conduit for the business on the dock through the night with the franchisee network.
• Arrange special deliveries as needed to fulfill demand.
• Work closely with experienced staff and equipment to help increase efficiencies throughout the warehouse facilities.
• Utilize the optimal number of hourly personnel to fulfill service requirements while maximizing productivity and minimizing labour costs.
• Effectively handle union relations and including the grievance process.
• The ability to deal with an extremely fast environment, handling pressure situations and to effectively make quick decisions with accuracy.
• The preferred candidate will possess a post-secondary education and a minimum of 2-3 years supervisory experience or relevant experience in supply chain, shipping, etc.
• Previous experience in a unionized food, dairy, beverage or packaged goods industry is a definite asset.
• Working knowledge of inventory/Oracle PC data systems is an asset.
• Ability to successfully use MS office for daily operations.
• The incumbent must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be willing to work all shifts days/afternoons/nights and weekends on rotational basis.
Please note that all applicants that will be considered for this role must be double vaccinated for COVID-19. Successful candidates will also be required to provide proof of their vaccination status during the recruitment process