WHY WORK FOR BIMBO CANADA?
Bimbo Canada, an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo (the largest baking company in the world) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, & POM® just to name a few. The company operates 16 bakeries, 15 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country and employ more than 4,200 associates from coast to coast. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls.
Position Title: PT Shipper
Reports To: Department Supervisor/Manager on Duty
Location: Ottawa DC, 118 Willowlea Road, Carp Ontario, K0A 1L0
- Competitive Hourly Rates
- Pension Program
- Weekly Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Diverse and Inclusive Working Environment
Individual is responsible to ship, receive and record the movements of incoming or outgoing materials. Associate works both as a member of crew and individually, under minimal supervision, to perform the functions of the job. The role requires following instructions and pre-established guidelines.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Operate a variety of shipping equipment (e.g. Push Truck) to load, unload, transport, and store materials into appropriate areas (e.g. Trailers)
- Prepare tickets using the computer, Oracle software system
- Maintain internal, manual or computerized record keeping system
- Unpack, breakdown, code, and route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Record shortages and reject damaged goods
- Inspect and verify incoming or outgoing goods against invoices or other documents
- Inspect shipping equipment, machines, and tools; report all malfunctions to supervisors
- Collect empty trays and refill Tray Unstacker; ensure sufficient supply of trays
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Health & Safety Programs, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Actively participate in, and report all Health & Safety/Quality issues to Shift Supervisor/QA
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Completion of high school
- Experience is an asset
- Must be available to work any of the days (8:30 am-1:30pm)
- Working knowledge of English both written and oral
- Mathematical and Computer skills
- Able to work flexible shift as required
- Attention to detail, work in a safe manner
- Able to work alone and as a team member
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Be able to follow GMP & Food Safety regulations
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Warm and humid working environment
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment, repetitive tasks, and stand for extended hours
- Physically demanding, heavy lifting, must be able to handle weight up to 40 lbs.
- Repetitive pushing, pulling, lifting at a height, twisting