|Work where you live! This is your chance to work locally and make a positive impact right within your community. Not only do we pride ourselves in Nourishing a Better world through sustainable, highly productive and deeply humane values, but we care first and foremost in the well-being of our associates. We value the person first, and our associate’s safety is #1. Working for Bimbo Canada you will be provided with hands on training in order to possess the skills required to perform your duties safely, and efficiently.
We are incredibly proud to announce that Bimbo Canada has been named one of Canada's Best Employers 2023 by Forbes. This tremendous honour recognizes our commitment to creating an outstanding workplace for our associates.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. At Bimbo Canada, We Value the Person and follow our Golden Rule by treating everyone with Respect, Fairness, Trust and Care.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
|A skilled and confidant Millwright to join our amazing Maintenance team! We want someone who possesses manual dexterity and has an eye for detail, install, maintain, test and trouble-shoot equipment, and values safety as your number one priority. This is a full-time role, which presents a great opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast paced facility in the food industry.
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
- Must hold a valid provincial 433A Red Seal Industrial Millwright License
- Experience in food manufacturing and industrial setting is an asset
- Proven knowledge and experience repairing and troubleshooting PLC’s i.e. Allen Bradley SLC500 & Omron Controls
- Demonstrated ability to wear proper PPE and comply
- Adherence with safety requirements and policies, eg. Ensures lock out tag out policy adherence is enforced by self and others
- Ensures appropriate GMP apparel and procedures are being followed
- Ensures all procedures are in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Safety Committee programs and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Ensures compliance with BRC food safety guidelines
- Maximo, PLC, and controls knowledge would be an asset
- Good use of computer programs is an asset
Volume of work:
- Required to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work shifts including days, evenings, nights based on a 24 hour/7 day a week operation, including general holidays
- Start times, scope and duties of this position may change periodically
- Depending on production requirements, associates may be assigned alternate duties and additional responsibilities
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs overhead
- Frequent twisting, bending, pulling, pushing, crouching, kneeling, walking, and heavy lifting are required
To be considered for this role please apply with an updated resume by clicking “Apply Now” below.
- Free Parking
- Casual Attire
- Occasional Team BBQs/Food Trucks
- Rewards & Recognition
- Career Growth
- Professional Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Appreciation from Management
Click the link below to peek inside our bakery:-
We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected will be contacted. Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada (Formerly Canada Bread Company Limited) are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.