ABOUT CANADA BREAD:
Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® McGavins® and Vachon®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Canada Bread serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlets.
This position requires a highly motivated and results oriented individual with the keen ability to initiate and recommend packaging expertise and solutions to the Bimbo Canada (Canada Bread, Stonemill and Vachon) teams. The successful candidate will play a critical role in supporting the overall push to increase innovation, reduce costs, and drive sustainability and continuous improvement across the company.
You will contribute towards this by:
- Improve packaging specifications and leverage critical mass over like sku’s; evaluate current die-lines
- Bring new ideas to Bimbo Canada and drive packaging innovation with a “Rapid Adaptor” mindset
- Provide enhanced technical expertise to new initiatives to further support our “Growth Agenda”
- Develop and roll-out plant specific packaging audits, identifying areas of cost and complexity reduction
- Support sourcing initiatives by qualifying and implementing new vendors and new packaging materials and specifications
- Build an ongoing process to reduce overall packaging and support sustainability efforts
- Works hand in hand with R&D, Commercialization, Marketing, Procurement and Operations
- Refines packaging specifications; revise and optimize all die-lines
- Brings packaging innovation to the business units by material type (i.e. resin/plastic)
- Supports key marketing initiatives
- Primary point of contact during packaging design and re-design
- Develops packaging specifications
- Identifies and implements cost savings initiatives
- Executes vendor changes at plant level
- Supports our plants with packaging performance issues
• A degree or diploma - ideally packaging, or an engineering background.
• Preferable to possess at least 2-3 years' experience in a food manufacturing business
• Good track record of delivering and driving projects
• Good knowledge of packaging manufacturing and methods, packaging material use and the machine interface
• Knowledge of legislation and environmental aspects relating to food industry packaging standards
• Computer literate – CAPE, report writing and technical data maintenance
• Good diagnostic skills, the ability to assimilate information quickly and aptitude for problem solving
• Highly organized with good prioritization skills, the ability to work to short deadlines with a strong attention to detail
• Highly motivated individual with good influencing skills
• Collaborative style with good communication skills
• Good project management skills - excellent ability to plan, organize and prioritize activity
• Good numerical ability and proficient in English
• Able to work independently
Please note all offers of employment at Canada Bread Company, Limited are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Canada Bread Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Canada Bread Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com