Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Vachon®, Hostess®, and Sara Lee®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls, and snack cakes.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business plans to grow by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snacks categories.
- Develop and supervise employees and direct production and related activities on a shift.
- Maintain a safe working environment and ensure continued compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, JHSC recommendations or MOL work orders, Company Safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Provide performance management counseling and/or progressive discipline in a timely fashion when required.
- Take initiative and exercise timely and good judgment in day-to-day business decisions.
- Learn, develop and exhibit behaviors consistent with Canada Bread’s “Leadership Values”.
- Schedule employees and productions shifts with a multi-shift unionized environment.
- Assist in accident investigation and take an active role in WSIB case management and ensuring early and safe return of injured workers to modified and/or productive duties.
- Focus production efficiency and minimizing plant waste. Maintain and improve product quality standards
- Be flexible, capable and willing to be “hands on” to perform any other technical or production-related task, as the circumstances require.
- Review and analyze product compliance according to the specifications
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow GMPs, Food Safety and Health & Safety requirements
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & WORK EXPERIENCE
- The successful candidate will possess a relevant post secondary education
- Previous experience in a unionized food, dairy, beverage or packaged goods industry is a definite asset
- Superior communication skills in a multi-cultural environment and the ability to deal with a variety of front line industrial relations issues.
- Takes initiative, exercises good judgment in day-to-day business decisions.
- Strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of good labour/management practices including progressive discipline and positive reinforcement techniques.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards, regulations and best practices.
- The flexibility to adapt to a 24 hour, 6 day operation schedule
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Bimbo Canada Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com