Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Canada Bread serves major grocery chains, retail outlets, and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream, and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for completing tasks assigned from master sanitation program for the facility and for special assignments as determined by the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Help enforce requirements and procedures as instructed by the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Active participant in and contributor to continuous improvement initiatives and/or projects.
- Understand, and experience preparing and effectively utilizing general sanitation chemicals (Safety Handling, Applications, Dilutions), and equipment cleaning requirements on all lines and general housekeeping.
- Apply knowledge of Health and Safety practices, procedures and principles as well as working knowledge of OHSA.
- Ensure all required documentation is completed on timely basis and is accurate.
- Utilize and maintain in-house sanitation cleaning equipment including Foamers, Power washers, Vacuums, Sanitizers, and floor Scrubbers (training provided in house)
- Job tasks often require bending, significant walking, scrubbing above shoulder height, mopping moving objects, pull, push equipment etc.
- Understand, follow and maintain WHMIS procedures and regulations as required.
- Excellent physical condition with good energy and attitude
- Occasional lifting with a partner greater than 50 lbs. up to 75 lbs.
- Occasionally to frequent exerting up to 35 lbs. of force
- Must have ability to troubleshoot equipment within the production environment.
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written English
- Working knowledge of baking equipment including flour silos and functions.
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety and HACCP policies and procedures in a food manufacturing facility.
- Forklift, Boom, and Skyjack certification and experience.
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Shift timing: 7:00pm to 4:00am
- Job: Full Time Permanent position with Benefits. Hourly wage will be $17.50 per hour.
Please note all offers of employment at Canada Bread Company, Limited are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Canada Bread Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.