Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 17 bakeries and employs approximately 4,125 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Canada Bread serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and food service operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and food service outlet.
- Help Machine operator set up production line, prepare baking racks and trays/boards for production
- Loading the trays with Breads, lifting and stacking the trays (4.5lbs)
- Pushing the loaded racks from one area to another areas
- Observes gauges,computer printouts and video monitors to verify specified processing conditions
- Make adjustments to process variables
- Maintain shift log of production and other data
- Check products for defects and ensure conformance to company standards
- Expected to work in other areas as assigned by the supervisors
- This role is physically demanding,heavy lifting, must be able to handle weight up to 40lbs on a repetitive motion
- Must have manual dexterity and be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Hand-eye co-ordination is a key requirement for this job
- working knowledge of English both written and oral
- Mathematical and computer skills
- Able to work flexible shift as required
- Attention to details, work in safe manner
- Able to work alone and as a team member
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Be able to follow GMP & Food Safety regulations
- Warm and humid work environment
- Fast space manufacturing environment
- Repetitive tasks and stand for extended hours
- Physically demanding, heavy lifting ,must be able to handle weight up 40lbs.
- The bakery operates 24 hours a day, seven day a week, associates must be able to work on the weekends, and all shifts as the production requirements
$16.40 /Hour with night shifts premium of $50 per hour