Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 17 bakeries and employs approximately 4,125 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Canada Bread serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
- Maintenance and repair of plant equipment and completion of issued work orders and P.M’s within specified time
- Ensure required documentation is completed and submitted on time
- Assist with equipment moving, modification, plant alterations
- All other duties as assigned by the maintenance supervisor
- Industrial Maintenance Electrician
- Must have recently obtain their 309A or 442A as an Electrician
- Must be a holder of Ontario certificate of qualification Industrial Millwright license 443A.
- Ontario certificate of qualification
- Must have 2 yrs. full time working experience of the maintenance and repair of Hartmann bagging equipment, formal training would also be an asset
- Must have 2 yrs. full time working experience of the maintenance and, formal training would also be an asset
- Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical problems and breakdowns
- Must be able troubleshoot AC/DC motors, VFDs and PLC I/O modules
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Good communication skills may be subject to a written test.
- Basic computer skills may be subject to a written test
- Must be prepared to work extra hours when required
- Must have good knowledge of maintenance policy and procedures
- Must have excellent work & attendance record
Canadian food and beverage manufacturers are working on an urgent basis to adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic, with a goal that we all clearly share: to sustain the food supply chain at levels that will meet the needs of Canadians. Bimbo Canada takes this responsibility to feed Canadians with fresh baked products seriously
, especially during these uncertain days. By simply living our purpose of being highly-productive and deeply humane
, we remain laser focused during this crisis to strike the right balance of protecting our Associates’ safety and wellbeing while continuing to produce and serve all Canadians with the highest quality bread and snacks. We are currently hiring for a number of positions enabling us to continue to nourish Canadians in this time of need
Please reach out to https://www.bimbocanada.com/careers
for more information about roles and locations across Canada.