Wholesome Harvest Baking (WHB)
is the largest North American supplier of frozen, par-baked products to the retail, in-store bakeries and food service channels. In our mission to provide delicious and nutritious baked goods and snacks in the hands of all, we have an opening for [insert job title] out of our location in [insert location]. WHB is the frozen division of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company. Our partner in the fresh business under the Grupo Bimbo banner is Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread). While we operate independently from the fresh business, we remain part of the Grupo Bimbo (GB) family working towards shared goals and maintaining the same high standards. GB continuously strives to be a highly productive and deeply "humane" company and strongly believes that the associates of the company are core to its success.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, energetic Demand & Supply Manager
to join our Supply Chain. You will bring your in-depth experience and roll up the sleeves mentality to engrain nimble predictability in the planning processes across the company. You will be empowered to create, own and grow the planning function as a key strategic enabler for the company’s operations. This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Director, Planning and Customer Service at our Concord office. This role will have broad visibility within the company and will be critical to the success of the business!
- Demand Planning
- Manage and improve Forecast Accuracy at the Channel, Customer, SKU and DC level.
- Develop and lead the S&OP process, owning demand consensus meetings and periodic business reviews
- Accountable for updating and maintaining processes, tools and systems associated with the monthly consensus process.
- Drive strong collaboration with the commercial partners on sales events, marketing events, Capex and inventory decisions
- Plan and Track the local New Product Introductions and show financial impact
- Work cross-functionally to ensure that strategic initiatives, tactical plans, and market trends are integrated into the forecast
- Develop and mentor Demand Planning team to achieve operational excellence
- Supply Planning
- Own the production planning forecast for internal bakeries and multiple Third-Party Manufacturers
- Provides leadership and guidance to the supply planning team and other internal stakeholders that will meet or exceed benchmarks for customer order-fill, freshness and inventory turns
- Review internal and third party warehouse inventory levels, ensuring planning systems condition the optimal stock levels for customer fulfillment according to your demand plan.
- Partner with bakeries, demand planning and logistics team to ensure right stock, right place, right quantities, right time
- Contribute to and/or Lead projects with cross-functional teams that are aligned to corporate strategies, with specific focus on projects that aim to reduce costs, reduce inventory levels across the business, reduce supply chain lead times, improve product flow and freshness, and improve on-shelf availability at store level.
- Work collaboratively cross-functional teams to minimize and mitigate the impacts of scheduled shutdowns, outages, and system upgrades in our DC network.
- Prepare and review short term and long term capacity planning on monthly basis
- Continuous Improvement
- Vigilance for process development, supporting tools and adherence thereto.
- Develop and educate your internal and external stakeholders on effective planning processes.
- Provide insight into root causes of forecast error, developing and implementing solutions to drive continuous improvement.
- Identify and leverage company and industry best practices.
- Build new tools to improve overall process and input utilization and tracking.
- Coordinate cross-functional deep-dives to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Bachelors degree is preferred (preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or Operations).
- A minimum of 5-7 years in Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, and/or Marketing, with hands on experience in Demand, Inventory, Supply Planning is required
- Management experience with direct Teams and in a multilayered complex organization
- Sound experience of planning system functionality and planning parameters (Oracle JDE or SAP)
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills required
- Very good Financial and Business Acumen
- Project management skills, with the ability to inspire change and influence decision-making through multiple levels (middle to senior management) of the organization
- Consistent track record of challenging the status-quo, visualizing potential opportunities and implementing actions to build value
- High sense of urgency, adaptable to meet rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent collaborator, strong on partnering and effective communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Analytical, structured and solution oriented working approach