Bimbo Bakehouse (BBU) is the largest North American supplier of frozen, par-baked products to the retail, in-store bakeries and food service channels. In our mission to provide delicious and nutritious baked goods and snacks in the hands of all, we have an opening in production out of our location in Concord. BBU is the frozen division of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Our partner in the fresh business under the Grupo Bimbo banner is Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread). While we operate independently from the fresh business, we remain part of the Grupo Bimbo (GB) family working towards shared goals and maintaining the same high standards. GB continuously strives to be a highly productive and deeply “humane” company and strongly believes that the associates of the company are core to its success
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate lines, feed dough and load and push/pull racks and dough bins, load ingredients into mixer.
- Report to assigned supervisor/ Lead hand and be able to follow instructions.
- May be required to change shifts periodically as skills balance demand require.
- Three months’ probation period.
- Operate (start/stop, prepare line from breaks/lunch, knowledge of basic controls) any of these lines as required (CIMs, Annet, Universal, Nordale feeding, Rijkaart Tray loader, Pie Shell). Operate new lines as required.
- Feed dough to production lines.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures for each line.
- Load/unload racks and push/pull racks to/from the freezer/cooler.
- Help load ingredients into mixer and pushing dough bins.
- Ensure quality of the products is within specifications.
- Promote a safe work environment.
- Ensure GMP’s and housekeeping is properly maintained within the work area.
- Help leadhands with line setup.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must meet the physical demands required for the job.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate the skill and ability to efficiently operate operations lines.
- Ability to work with others.
- Good understanding of dough types and varieties.
- Must perform basic mathematical functions.
- Must possess good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be prepared to work extra hours when required.
- Must have excellent work and attendance record.
- Ability to lift up to 11kg tray every 7-8 seconds. Lift ~3 trays (21-24 seconds interval above shoulder level) every 84 seconds.
- Ability to perform an assisted lift up to (10) 25-40kg ingredient bags every 10-12 minutes.
- Ability to push or pull up to 320kg rack for 25 feet every 3 minutes.
- Ability to push a dough bin up to 600kg for 15 feet every 11 minutes.
- Lifting up to 25 kg.
- May be required to work in a freezer environment.
Canadian food and beverage manufacturers are working on an urgent basis to adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic, with a goal that we all clearly share: to sustain the food supply chain at levels that will meet the needs of Canadians. Bimbo Canada takes this responsibility to feed Canadians with fresh baked products seriously
, especially during these uncertain days. By simply living our purpose of being highly-productive and deeply humane
, we remain laser focused during this crisis to strike the right balance of protecting our Associates’ safety and wellbeing while continuing to produce and serve all Canadians with the highest quality bread and snacks. We are currently hiring for a number of positions enabling us to continue to nourish Canadians in this time of need
Please reach out to https://www.bimbocanada.com/careers
for more information about roles and locations across Canada.