Bimbo Canada, formerly known as Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and food service operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and food service outlet.
We have immediate employment opportunities for Production Labourers
at our Moncton Plant.
As a Production Labourer, you will report directly to the shift supervisor working at various positions throughout the food processing line.
HOURLY RATE AND PREMIUMS OFFERED:
- $18.00 to start with an increase of 0.50 cents upon the completion of your probationary period
- We offer a shift premium of 0.65 cents which shall be paid for all hours worked between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- There is a potential for overtime hours in which all time worked in excess of eight (8) hours daily or forty (40) hours weekly, but not both, will be paid at time and one-half
- Transporting raw materials, finished products and packaging materials
- Measuring and dumping ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines
- Removing filled containers from conveyers
- Manually packing goods into bags and boxes or other containers
- Feeding and unloading processing machines
- Checking products and packaging for basic quality defects
- Cleaning machines and immediate work areas
- Previous experience working within a food production plant and operating multi-functional process control machinery would be considered an asset
- A grade 12 education is required
- We require positive individuals with flexibility to work varying shifts from Sunday-Friday with the possibility of overtime
- Candidates should have strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment
- Candidates should have a demonstrated track record of following all Attendance and Health & Safety protocols at all times
- Candidates must have manual dexterity, hand-eye co-ordination as well as attention to detail skills as they are a key requirement for this position
- Candidates must have the ability to work in a hot and humid work environment
- Candidates must have their own transportation
- Candidates must have their own steel-toed safety boots
- Environment: Bakery; this role requires the ability to work in a hot and humid work environment
- Volume of work: Physically demanding work environment that requires to work in a fast-paced environment and involves repetitive tasks, bending, crouching, kneeling and standing for extended periods
- Physical requirements: This role is physically demanding and therefore the candidate must be able to handle weight up to 50lbs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume by email to Lesley Baker, Human Relations Advisor at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and post-employment offer test.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.