Wholesome Harvest Baking (WHB)
is the largest North American supplier of frozen, par-baked products to the retail, in-store bakeries and food service channels. WHB is the frozen division of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company. Our partner in the fresh business under the Grupo Bimbo banner is Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread). While we operate independently from the fresh business, we remain part of the Grupo Bimbo (GB) family working towards shared goals and maintaining the same high standards. GB continuously strives to be a highly productive and deeply "humane" company and strongly believes that the associates of the company are core to its success.
In our mission to nourish, delight and serve our world, we have an immediate opening for a Master Baker/Culinary Innovation Manager
. This role will report into the Senior Manager, Operations and will be customer facing working in partnership with key customers to lead innovation. They will provide leadership, guidance, and support the sales, marketing and operations team. This person will have a strong understanding of bakery and bakery products and have a passion for the Art of Baking.
- Work in partnership with Key Customers to provide customized solutions and lead innovation
- Independently lead the bench top formulation and execution of lab related work activities that support the development of new products, line extensions, and quality improvements
- Proactively apply scientific knowledge and technical skills to business issues and opportunities, documenting and completing accurately
- Work in both a “hands-on” and /or direct as needed environment in order to make ideas and concepts into product reality
- Provide technical support and/or advice as needed or requested from other departments throughout Bimbo Bakehouse on culinary and technical matters.
- Support the scale-up, first production, and quality assurance practices of developed products through the commercialization process
- Deal effectively and professionally with outside ingredient supplier to meet R&D objectives
- Present to customers on a frequent basis supporting the sales team with product presentations
- Identify and monitor new technological developments for applications in the bakery business
- Frequent travel to bakery and customer locations
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Bimbo Canada Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com.
- B.S. degree in Food Sciences, Cereal Science, or Certified Master Baker
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Bakery Product Development
- Experience in working in presenting to customers and working in partnership with customer marketing, purchasing and culinary teams
- Proven excellent work record with demonstrated high levels of initiative and leadership
- Strong commitment to and support of Grupo Bimbo values, ethics, goals, and objectives
- Strong understanding of the bakery industry, process and products
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with both external and internal stake holders
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills with ability to prioritize multiple activities simultaneously
- Computer skills and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database and other software/applications
- Willing to travel as required