Bimbo Bake house is the largest North American supplier of frozen, par-baked products to the retail, in-store bakeries and food service channels. In our mission to provide delicious and nutritious baked goods and snacks in the hands of all, we have an opening in maintenance out of our location in Attwell. BBU is the frozen division of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Our partner in the fresh business under the Grupo Bimbo banner is Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread). While we operate independently from the fresh business, we remain part of the Grupo Bimbo (GB) family working towards shared goals and maintaining the same high standards. GB continuously strives to be a highly productive and deeply “humane” company and strongly believes that the associates of the company are core to its success
Individual is responsible for installing, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial electrical equipment. Associate works both as a member of crew and individually, under minimal supervision, to perform the functions of the job.
- Responsible for completing a work schedule in cooperation with departments and the Maintenance/ Production Supervisors/ Maintenance Manager
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair:
- Electrical equipment (AC Drives, power controls circuits, starters, MCCs)
- Microprocessor based systems (PLCs, DCS, Electronic circuits, controls)
- Low and medium voltage distribution systems (single and three phase systems)
- Instrumentation (pneumatic controls, PID, transducers, servos, analog/digital signals)
- Power distribution and generation (generators, transformers, switchgears, breakers)
- Communication and Data Systems (closed circuit TV, timekeeping, phone/computer)
- HVAC, emergency systems (boilers, refrigeration, energy control, alarm)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Performs all duties thoroughly and accurately to sustain optimal performance of equipment and minimize downtime and costs while in compliance with HACCP rules, JSA’S, SOP’s and other requirements.
- Actively participates in our electrical preventive maintenance program on processing equipment. Recommend and implement corrective action and required repairs
- Responsible for trouble shooting of machinery to minimize down time; acts upon an intense sense of urgency to on-floor calls and emergencies.
- Responsible for a qualified and safe operation of the power plant
- Ensures that all required documentation is completed correctly and on time. This may include Daily Time Sheets, Preventative Maintenance logs, equipment monitoring, work orders, inventory counts, etc.
- Responsible for housekeeping and maintaining a tidy, clean and safe work area on the floor and in the maintenance shop. Follows established cleaning protocols.
- Acts as a liaison for contractors conducting repairs in the Plant.
- Must practice good communication skills with Maintenance Team Members, Production Supervisors and Management and all plant associates. Has good teamwork and inter-personal communication skills.
- Responsible for compliance to Health & Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety and Environmental standards at all times.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Health & Safety Programs, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Actively participate in, and report all Health & Safety/Quality issues to Shift Supervisor/QA
- Attends all meetings as required
- Performs other duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Completion of high school
- 3-5 years of experience in a highly automated industrial manufacturing environment
- 442A Red Seal Industrial Electrician License
- Strong electrical, instrumentation, automation, pneumatics experience required
- Medium Voltage, Weigh Scales, Vision Systems, HMI, Siemens S5/S7, Allen Bradley SLC5 PLC, VFD, Servomotors, Profibus / Ethernet Network Communications experience essential.
- Strong decision making, problem solving troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet deadlines
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and ability
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Able to work alone and as a team member
- Must be able to work with minimal or no supervision
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Must be willing to work scheduled (day/ afternoon/ night) shifts and weekends
- Must be prepared to work extra overtime hours when required
- Must have excellent work & attendance record
- Be able to follow GMP & Food Safety regulations
- Warm and humid working environment
- Work with chemicals
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Physically demanding, heavy lifting, must be able to handle weight up to 40 lbs.
: Full time, Permanent with competitive benefits