POSITION: Regional Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Area Sales Manager
LOCATION: Occurs Nationally
Responsibilities include achieving Budgeted Sales, SG&A, Returns, Waste and overall Cost to Serve within assigned region. Ensure Execution Excellence through effective resourcing, training, coaching and motivation of assigned Sales Associates and Network Operators. The RSM is accountable for recruiting, development, and values cultivation and adherence by all members of the Region including; Territory Sales Managers, Independent Operators, Company Route Operators.
- The ability to coach and lead Territory Sales Managers and Franchisees/Distributors in identifying and closing account development opportunities utilizing the critical activities, i.e. selling, merchandising, ordering and delivery
- Responsible for implementing multiple strategies in the region in order to achieve sales and profitability targets.
- Meeting other specified objectives for assigned region in terms of market share, new accounts, etc.
- Providing input and support toward marketing initiatives for the region.
- Route optimization and engineering to ensure sufficient capacity for current and future business needs.
- Meet or exceed sales targets/plans.
- Meet or exceed returns targets/plans.
- Meet or exceed branded targets/plans.
- Manage Regional SG&A budget to plan.
- Meet above targets while demonstrating role model level organizational values
- Develop an effective sales team through selection, leadership, coaching & motivation including recruiting, hiring, and termination.
- Create a productive work environment through effective communication, listening, participation, organization and follow-up.
- Participate in recruiting, training and development of Territory Managers & Franchise Dealers.
- Lead GB Talent (Internal assessment) process for direct reports.
- Develop and foster strong customer relationships with key customers through Matched Contact process.
- Ability to adapt and communicate with varying personalities.
Position Description: Regional Sales Manager (continued)
- Establish, monitor and maintain service frequency patterns for all assigned stores in a given territory
- Participate in route re-engineering for region as required
- Prepare volume forecasts for given region, i.e. long weekends and holidays
- Sales versus plan.
- Returns versus plan.
- SG&A Budget versus plan.
- People development
- Field market execution
- Direct feedback from customer, dealers and others with whom they interact.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to align, motivate, and hold team accountable for results.
- Ability to implement strategies
- Strong Business Acumen and Business Analytics through BC provided tools and technology
- Represent organization positively with high energy and enthusiasm
- Enjoys responsibility
- Provides other departments with feedback and counsel as required
- Acts with a high level of integrity and treats people with respect.
- Demonstrated understanding of a DSD system.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written); actively listens to needs of others.
- Interpersonal: works well with others in a team environment.
- Selling: ability to identify opportunities, set goals and execute plans to achieve goals.
- Computer skills: proficient at Word, Power Point and Excel
- Supervision: builds commitment and teamwork while maintaining a creative and positive work environment.
- Flexible and adaptable: open to new ideas and approaches; can adjust priorities as conditions change.
- Embracing change as a path to future opportunities.
- Problem solving: proactive use of information and resources
- Acts with a demonstrated sense of urgency.
- University/Community College diploma/degree
- 3+ years’ experience in Sales Management role
- 5+ years consumer goods sales experience
- DSD experience STRONGLY preferred