Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 17 bakeries and employs approximately 4,125 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Canada Bread serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
- Receiving of maintenance related spare parts inventory, consumables and services.
- Manage spare parts inventory along with the Maintenance Supply Coordinator to minimize cycle count deficiencies
- Follow-up on all delinquent purchase orders with suppliers and research alternate parts
- Manage parts receiving and put away as well as issue out of inventory to work orders
- Adding spare parts inventory to Maximo
- Work with the Maintenance Planner to assign parts for requested work orders
- Understand and practice all Health and Safety policies
- Strong knowledge of MRO parts and management of stock rooms
- Ability to quickly learn Oracle and associated indirect procurement module.
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow GMPs, Food Safety and Health and Safety requirements
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled in the Co-Operative Education Program for Engineering, Maintenance or Inventory Management
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of discretion and tact in handling confidential matters
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, able to shift priorities and multi task
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented and persistent with ability to work well under pressure
- Quick learner
- Strong computer proficiency with MS Office suite of applications
- Must be available to work weekends
Please note all offers of employment at Canada Bread Company, Limited are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
- $ 15.00 – 17.00 per hour x 40 hours per week
Canada Bread Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Canada Bread Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com.
Canadian food and beverage manufacturers are working on an urgent basis to adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic, with a goal that we all clearly share: to sustain the food supply chain at levels that will meet the needs of Canadians. Bimbo Canada takes this responsibility to feed Canadians with fresh baked products seriously
, especially during these uncertain days. By simply living our purpose of being highly-productive and deeply humane
, we remain laser focused during this crisis to strike the right balance of protecting our Associates’ safety and wellbeing while continuing to produce and serve all Canadians with the highest quality bread and snacks. We are currently hiring for a number of positions enabling us to continue to nourish Canadians in this time of need
Please reach out to https://www.bimbocanada.com/careers
for more information about roles and locations across Canada.