Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Canada Bread serves major grocery chains, retail outlets, and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream, and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
Machine Operators operate at least one and, possibly, a variety of machines depending on the type of product being produced and/or work being performed.
- Set up, operate, and adjust industrial machines
- Observe gauges, computer printouts, and video monitors to ensure correct processing
- Prepare products for distributions (may include: wrapping, packaging, shipping)
- Check product quality and adjust as necessary
- Clean and sanitize machinery, equipment and main processing area
- Maintain shift logs and record of other data
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Health & Safety Programs, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Actively participate in, and report all Health & Safety/Quality issues to Shift Supervisor/QA
Production line work is performed indoors in a warm (at times hot), sanitary, and well-ventilated conditions. Some operators work near noisy machinery and/or near the equipment that generates heat or humidity. Production line is highly automated. All workers must follow safe work practices and wear protective equipment. At times, employees may be required to lift up to 40 pounds. Additionally, standing for long periods of time, as well as walking, pushing, pulling, bending, and twisting will be required.
The bakery operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO CAN WORK ALL SHIFTS, DAYS/AFTERNOONS/NIGHTS.
- Shift may change from week to week
- Flexibility is key
Please note all offers of employment at Canada Bread Company, Limited are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
- Grade 12 education
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and/or specifications as well as ability to understand directions verbally
- Have solid numerical skills
- Ability to work 8 hour shifts and weekends
- Ability to perform routine tasks for extended periods of time yet remain alert and flexible
- Have the mechanical aptitude to maintain equipment and troubleshoot problems
- Be punctual, reliable and flexible
- Work safety, wear PPE and follow personal hygiene rules
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- Have good health and stamina
- Be able to follow GMP & Food Safety regulations
Canada Bread Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Canada Bread Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com.