Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls. As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets, and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream, and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
The Inventory Control Analyst acts as a point of contact for the Production Planners, Customer Service, Warehouse Managers, Sales, and 3PLs with regards to the accuracy of inventory levels and any issues related to inventory.
The Inventory Control Analyst is responsible for all finished goods movements with an emphasis on inventory reconciliation and tracking inventory accuracy for finished goods. Focus will be on error resolution, inventory/financial transactions, and all inquiries relating to inventory levels and shelf life. This role requires high analytical skills with attention to detail and excellent data mining capabilities.
Position Requirements (Education and Experience):
- Daily responsibilities include; resolution of shipping errors, monitoring aged and in transit inventory, reconciling inventory, processing inventory adjustments, and supporting all internal and third party warehouses with any inventory-related issues.
- Analyze and track inventory movement and levels at both internal and third-party warehouses.
- Analyze and monitor aged inventory and quality holds and provides recommendations on how to minimize waste and salvage inventory.
- Create and administer disposal orders to all warehouses for aged inventory and damaged inventory.
- Monitor and resolve 940-series EDI errors.
- Analyze errors for root cause proposing processes for resolution.
- Perform weekly analysis of open in-transits and resolve shortages.
- Daily inventory finished goods report.
- New item set-up at third-party warehouses.
- Supporting role on Optimization projects focused on Inventory Control/Waste Management & other Supply Chain functions.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree (Business degree preferred).
- 3 - 5 years in a Supply Chain Planning role required.
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented.
- High aptitude for problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Professional presentation: written and oral communications, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Oracle or ERP experience with high degree of understanding as it is related to inventory.
- Able to work under pressure with a high level of energy and urgency.
- High standards of integrity and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving – financial/accounting experience an asset.
- Able to make decisions in the best interest of the business and mitigate risks to waste.
- Maintain service levels and other key metrics.
- Excellent computer skills: fully competent with Excel and the rest of the MS Office Suite of software programs.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.