Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Vachon®, Hostess®, and Sara Lee®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls, and snack cakes.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business plans to grow by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snacks categories.
- This role requires critical thinking combined with an ability to drive results through cross functional teamwork
- This position requires someone who is entrepreneurial, has a passion for food and the consumer, a history of demonstrating problem solving skills, analytical thinking and project management skills
- Assist in management of the Meal Occasions and Italian pantry categories which includes Dempster’s, Ben’s, POM & Villaggio Brands.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Primary responsibility is to develop and implement marketing plans for the Meal Occasions & Italian portfolio to achieve the overall objectives, such as share leadership, volume & profit targets.
- Strategic planning i.e. business reviews, marketing plans, communication plans, launch decks, sales materials etc…
- Budget management and reporting (processing, tracking, reporting)
- Lead project coordination of product launches including innovation/renovation explorations, packaging improvements & development of sales materials
- Work with cross functional teams on a variety of projects (i.e. product renovation, promotion, media etc…) both externally and internally
- Periodic/Monthly reporting of business performance to identify key performance drivers, opportunities and potential threats for the brands/segments.
- Gather and analyze relevant market data (Margin Minder, Nielsen Workstation Plus, Homescan) to identify & action insights as required.
- Manage day-to-day portfolio activity and problem resolution with key functional areas including: customer brands, purchasing, consumer affairs, master files, finance, product development, regulatory, quality assurance, sales, operations and distribution.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Required undergraduate degree in Business, ideally with major in Marketing
- 1+ years’ experience in Consumer Packaged Goods Marketing
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skill set
- Attention to detail
- Strong business acumen with excellent financial, analytical, logical & quantitative skills
- Demonstrates strong thought leadership and problem solving abilities
- Strong leadership and ability to build cross-functional and cross-regional teams to achieve shared goals (often including sales, manufacturing, product development, purchasing, distribution & finance)
- Confidence to lead and manage innovation projects
- Strong presentation & communication skills, both verbal & written
- Must be proactive and performance driven, be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Adaptable, persistent, bias for action & results oriented
- Adept with Microsoft Office, AC Nielsen and Web navigation
- Contributes to a positive team culture that is based on trust, mutual respect and valuing each other