The Sensory Technician is responsible for the organization and conducting of internal product & concept evaluations for all food categories under the direction and supervision of Sensory Lead. This position involves lot of food samples sensory evaluation with cross functional teams and competitive tastings.
The successful candidate must be able to work under directions provided by their assigned supervisor. They must also be able to work well with other departments, including Operations, Purchasing, and Marketing, and may even include sales representatives from supplier companies.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Conducting Product Sensory Sessions with Cross functional team along with Sensory Lead for innovation and Renovation projects.
- Support Internal Consumer Research for all Baked Categories with Consumer Panel.
- Setting up the sensory questionnaires, booking panels, recruiting of panelists, instructing panelists, arranging for samples, and conducting the panels at different locations throughout the GTA.
- Collaborate with multiple teams for setting up the tests and executing them in different parts of Canada
- Regular market visits to procure samples for sensory testing
- Competitive Benchmarking assistance to Sensory Lead
- Support in setting up Descriptive Panel for different Baked Goods
- Support Sensory lead in conducting Sensory trainings in relevant bakeries
- Statistical analysis and interpretation of sensory data using Compusense or other tools
- Compilation of Reports for all the tests conducted internally
- Assist in reward management for Internal Consumer Panel and find out creative ways to increase participation.
- Food technologist with 1-2 years of experience
- B.A.Sc., in Food Science or a related Science discipline
- Intermediate fluency in French an asset
- A foodie with desire to taste varied category of foods; must not have any food allergies
- Strong interpersonal and team skill
- Strong written and verbal communications skill
- Flexible and adaptable
- Willing to travel if required
- Strong statistical knowledge & computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Minitab)
- No dietary restrictions and allergies
- Compusense knowledge an asset
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have regular access to a vehicle. Must be open to tasting products in all food categories.
Our associates include people who are enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We invite you to explore our Careers section to discover more about our high performance culture and how we build leaders at Canada Bread.