Production Manager Vacancy
The Production Manager
is responsible managing the bakery production and the people and systems involved in a high-performance cross-functional team environment.
is the first responsibility of every individual that is part of an operating team. Compliance with safety rules, operating procedures, and sound practices is the expectation for all personnel working in the Bakery.
, legality and quality are essential responsibilities expected of every associate. Product safety is freeing the product of any contaminants like chemicals, allergens or foreign materials such as glass, wood or metal. Legality compliance is meeting regulatory requirements (Canada & US if intended for export) in terms of weight and declaration of ingredients. Product quality is meeting customers’ specifications and expectations.
- Support and develop production supervisors, team leads, production teams, systems and controls
- Perform work in a safe and healthy manner;
- Participation in ongoing H&S training, audits etc.;
- Meet and surpass budget, drive efficiencies & improvements
- Work with other functions to enable an effective and continuously improving operation
- Advance safety performance and culture
- Ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining product integrity; practicing highest levels of GMP’s and conforming to HACCP pre-requisite program and all associated SOP’s.
- Follow Job Responsibilities as per BRC and other regulatory bodies
- During the absence of the incumbent, quality and food safety accountabilities in this role are the responsibility of the “Reports to” position/individual as described above.
- Maintain work area to exceed expected levels of cleanliness and orderliness and implement GBLS culture.
- Recruitment and selection of associates, team leads, supervisors;
- The assignment of ownership for the production processes.
- Spending for production department; standards for performance and efficiency.
- Associate & Labor Relations Issues / Corrective Action
- Other duties as described by your manager.
- Degree, diploma, &/or proven history of continuous learning
- 5-7 years of progressive supervisory / management leadership experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills – MS Office essential Minitab, AS 400, Kronos, Oracle and other statistical software are an asset
- Excellent people management, coaching & team building and developing career pathing strategies for “reports to”
- Ability to create strong and effective cross-functional relationships
- Ability to demonstrate beliefs based behaviour and lead the cultural task of front line associate empowerment
- Committed to continuously improve personal, team and overall plant performance
- Strong project / program management and deployment skills
- Knowledge of procedural development and control
- HACCP / ISO experience an asset
- Behaviour consistent with GB approach to Culture, Beliefs and Safety & Wellness
- Solid communicator - verbal, written
- Strong organizational skills
- Financial & Accounting experience
- Ability to read, understand, and utilize the information in the operating reports
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge & commitment to Health and Safety
- Ability to travel occasionally as the business warrants