Bimbo Bakehouse (BBU) is the largest North American supplier of frozen, par-baked products to the retail, in-store bakeries and food service channels. In our mission to provide delicious and nutritious baked goods and snacks in the hands of all, we have an opening in our distribution center out of our location in Brampton. BBU is the frozen division of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Our partner in the fresh business under the Grupo Bimbo banner is Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread). While we operate independently from the fresh business, we remain part of the Grupo Bimbo (GB) family working towards shared goals and maintaining the same high standards. GB continuously strives to be a highly productive and deeply “humane” company and strongly believes that the associates of the company are core to its success
Works as a team member in the day to day activities of the Distribution Center. Responsible for shipping, receiving, order picking, product replenishment and inventory control. Meets Bimbo Bakehouse standards in quality, GMP’s, safety, security and productivity.
- ·Picking and palletizing of customer orders accurately and efficiently.
- Count and check product for accuracy and quality.
- Load and unload products in a safe and efficient manner.
- Replenishment of products from production to proper locations in the Distribution Center.
- Operate all material handling equipment safely and efficiently.
- Participate in Cycle Counts as required.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or Post-Secondary Education preferred.
- Forklift experience required (Turret truck and Counter Balance, Walkie)
- Mature and conscientious attitude.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work with other departments.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends – mandatory overtime.
- Good written and oral communication skills in the English language.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Ability to work in a freezer environment. (–5F degrees)
- Capable of standing for long periods of time.
- Should have successfully completed the required probationary period.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold (-5 degrees) The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.