Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 17 bakeries and employs approximately 4,125 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Canada Bread serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and food service operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and food service outlet.
- Operate shipping equipment.
- Loading & unloading bakery products from trailers.
- Stack trays to shipping standards.
- Organize products according to Franchisee orders.
- Maintain a clean & safe work area.
- Disposing of Bakery Product Waste.
- All other duties as required.
- Warehouse working environment.
- Warm, humid and cold, dry temperatures.
- Fast-paced repetitive tasks with extensive walking & lifting.
- Physically demanding.
- Up to 24 hours per week
- Availability for evenings (5pm-11pm).
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Able to work flexible shifts
- Working knowledge of English, both written and oral and basic math skills.
- Must have CSA approved safety boots/shoes.
- Detail orientated, works in a safe manner, and works well in a team