Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Bimbo Canada serves major grocery chains, retail outlets and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
The Demand Planner
will be responsible for establishing weekly Demand Forecasts by SKU and banner which align our various functional departments to one common target through our consensus forecasting process.
- Establish volume forecasts for all products at the SKU/banner level in collaboration with Key Accounts and Field Sales.
- Responsible for providing and reporting business intelligence information as it relates to sales demand and as input to supply planning
- Responsible for maintaining and improving upon current KPI results as it relates to Forecast Accuracy and Bias.
- Responsible for maintaining current forecasting tool inputs (currently in Microsoft Access, Oracle Cloud and Excel) and outputs to Customer Business teams and Supply Planning
- Lead and support the Sales & Operations Planning process as it relates to information gathering, roll-up and dissemination
- Lead Demand consensus meetings, leading cross functional teams to a common business objective through collaboration
- Post Secondary School Education – University degree preferred
- Background in Supply Chain and/or Sales
- Knowledge of Statistical measurements
- Considered a power user for PC applications with specific knowledge of Oracle, Microsoft Excel, & Microsoft Access
- Six Sigma experience and utilization
- Individual must be self motivated with excellent verbal and written communication
- High sense of urgency, well organized and able to prioritize effectively
- Driven individual with strong leadership capabilities
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- The working language of this position is English.
Demonstrates a high sense of urgency, well organized and able to prioritize effectively
- Driven with strong leadership capabilities
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment