Job safety is the first responsibility of every individual that is part of an operating team. Compliance with safety rules, operating procedures, and sound practices is the expectation for all personnel working in the bakery.
Product safety, legality and quality are essential responsibilities, expected of every employee. Product safety is freeing the product of any contaminants like chemicals, allergens, or foreign materials such as glass, wood or metal. Legality compliance is meeting regulatory requirements (Canada & US if intended for export) in terms of weight and declaration of ingredients. Product quality is meeting customers specifications and expectations.
- Manage day to day activities of the maintenance associates
- Manage associates effectively and resolve immediate issues
- Identify and drive objective and measurable cost saving initiatives
- Drive leadership coaching and development with hourly associates
- Maintain the safety of the department to ensure the team works in a safety culture environment and responsible for ensuring all associates are aware of safety procedures
- Use analytical skills to define, justify and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining product integrity; practicing highest levels of GMP’s and conforming to HACCP pre-requisite program and all associate SOPs.
- Bring forth new ideas to improve on existing production processes
- Propose energy conservation ideas
- Ensure yearly code inspection certificates are acquired (Elec. permit, Boiler inspections, Fire Alarm Inspection etc.)
- Monitor and report on mechanical downtime.
- Ensure system for timely completion of Maintenance Repairs and Minor Production Improvements
- Co-ordinate capital assignments
- Co-ordinate contractor’s activities as required
- Follow job responsibilities as per BRC and other regulatory bodies
- Active member of site leadership team
- Other duties as described by your manager
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
- 2-5 years of leadership experience – supervisory or team lead
- Ability to develop and maintain supportive cross functional relationships
- Ability to read and interpret financial and performance reports
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, knowledge and working experience of Maximo, Oracle, Kronos and other statistical software
- Ability to work under pressure and provide decisive leadership
- Experience in building high functioning team, managing and developing people