The ideal candidate will oversee the team of shippers while ensuring that the highest standards of safety and efficient productivity are achieved with the objective of shipping accurate orders to our customer in a timely manner. Maintain a high level of productivity, staff morale and staff co-operation in a unionized environment.
- Utilize docks, warehouse layout and route truck loading patterns that minimize loading time
- Act as the health and safety co-chair for these sites. Enforce safe operating procedures, GMPs and personal protective equipment.
- Lead all health and safety objectives and period meetings for the specified depots.
- Managing all labour schedules of shippers ensuring sufficient coverage
- Vacation coverage for shippers
- Report on depots’ metrics
- Develop shipper’s skills through excellent interpersonal and team building skills, open communication and high level of interaction.
- Act as a conduit for the business on the dock through the night with the franchisee network.
- Arrange special deliveries as needed to fulfill demand.
- Maintain a positive workplace environment while effectively coordinating loading, transport and all other warehouse activities
- Handle and communicate issues to depots, the third party carriers and dispatch drivers
- Work closely with experienced staff and equipment to help increase efficiencies throughout the warehouse facilities
- Utilize the optimal number of hourly personnel to fulfill service requirements while maximizing productivity and minimizing labour costs
- Effectively handle union relations and including the grievance process
- The ability to deal with an extremely fast environment, handling pressure situations and to effectively make quick decisions with accuracy
- The preferred candidate will possess a post secondary education and a minimum of 2-3 years supervisory experience or relevant experience in supply chain, shipping, etc.
- Previous experience in a unionized food, dairy, beverage or packaged goods industry is a definite asset.
- Working knowledge of inventory/Oracle systems is an asset.
- Ability to successfully use MS office for daily operations.
- The incumbent must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to work all shifts days/afternoons/nights and weekends on rotational basis
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow GMPs, Food Safety and Health and Safety requirements