Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Vachon®, Hostess®, and Sara Lee®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls, and snack cakes.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business plans to grow by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snacks categories.
As Supply Chain Planner- Outside Purchase, you will be responsible for regularly issuing PO’s based on sales demand (Oracle) or from forecast and Commercial Platform. You will be asked to place orders for all regions, as well as cover for vacations/days off relief as needed. In this type of position time management is crucial as you will face strict deadlines every day. The ideal candidate will excel working in a fast paced environment as changes will happen. Excellent problem solving skills are required as the position is challenged on a regular basis. Aside from following a set schedule when it comes to ordering products, you will be asked to attend meetings, manage our current vendor management program, provide outside purchase analysis on a weekly basis and be involved in relevant projects as needed.
• Issue and communicate systematically generated purchase orders to vendors and various distribution/ transportation teams
• Develop effective relationships with vendors to facilitate business transactions
• Manage and expedite open orders as required when driven by varying customer demands
• Work directly with transportation and distribution to coordinate regular/ rush orders
• Issue resolution - root cause analysis on shorts and overages
• Analysis outside purchase vendor performance on a weekly basis
• Manage our current vendor program – Schedule meetings, prep work analysis, lead conference call.
• Represent the OP team on various different conference calls
• Manage, maintain and update excel based ordering tools
• All other duties as required or assigned.
• Lead projects as assigned
• Lead PCAD meetings (daily cross-functional meetings at 9am Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays) to review the sell day performance with Sales and Supply Chain (Transportation, Operations, Planning).
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
• Post-Secondary School Education – College/ University diploma
• Flexible work schedule
• Background in Supply Chain
• Working knowledge Microsoft Word and Outlook
• Advanced knowledge in Excel. Must be able to work in complex workbooks, manage macros, create V-Lookups and be able to use SUM functions.
• Quick learner with a proven ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment
• Needs to have exceptional problem solving skills
• Has experience managing and maintain vendor relations
• Individual must be self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
• High sense of urgency, well-organized and able to prioritize effectively
• The working language of this position is English. Spanish or French is considered an asset
• SAP/ Oracle experience is an asset