Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Vachon®, Hostess®, and Sara Lee®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls, and snack cakes.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business plans to grow by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snacks categories.
The ideal candidate will lead a team of associates while ensuring that the highest standards of safety and efficient productivity are achieved with the objective of shipping accurate orders to our customer in a timely manner. Maintain a high level of productivity, staff morale and staff co-operation in a unionized environment.
Educational background & work experience:
- Enforce safe operating procedures, GMPs and personal protective equipment.
- Lead health and safety objectives and associate meetings.
- Managing all labour schedules of shippers ensuring sufficient coverage including vacations and other absences
- Report on local plant shipping metrics using daily shift reports
- Ability to take the information from the KPI’s and form a trend / cause analysis to identify and manage issues as they arise
- Develop the team’s skills through excellent interpersonal, motivation and team building skills - open communication and high level of interaction.
- Maintain a positive workplace environment while effectively coordinating loading, transport and all other outbound activities
- Assist with handling and communicating issues to depots, and internal plant departments in a timely and clear manner
- Utilize the optimal number of hourly personnel to fulfill service requirements while maximizing productivity and minimizing labour costs
- Effectively handle union relations and including contributing to the grievance process when requested
- The ability to deal with an extremely fast environment, handling pressure situations and to effectively make quick decisions with accuracy
- The preferred candidate will possess a post secondary education and a minimum of 2-3 years supervisory experience or relevant experience in supply chain, shipping, etc.
- Previous experience in a unionized food, dairy, beverage or packaged goods industry is required.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and inventory management systems is an asset.
- Ability to successfully use MS office for daily operations.
- The incumbent must be able to demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to work all shifts days/afternoons/nights and weekends on rotational basis.
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow and manage GMPs, Food Safety and Health and Safety requirements at all times