We are currently looking to hire a Product Development Manager to join our Innovation and Product Development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading product development activities in our Western Region. This role requires a passionate self-motivated individual and hands-on team player with the ability to drive disruptive Innovation and meet consumer needs in the market.
Strong communication skills are required to effectively connect with the Commercialization, Technical support and Marketing Teams. The successful candidate for this position must have the ability to effectively engage with regional functional leaders. This role may require hours in excess or outside of normal working hours to accommodate testing which is dependent upon line availability in the bakery. This role will also require occasional travel which may vary between periods of 0% travel up to 25% in a given month.
The Manager will apply their technical knowledge, project management, and business acumen to lead product developers and project teams toward the right decisions on product innovation, re-design, commercial scale implementation, and project execution.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Drive innovation, keep abreast of market trends and new technologies
- Product design and scale-up commercialization
- Understand product performance and create solutions to deficiencies using technical knowledge, research guidance testing and plant trial testing.
- Project management and cross-functional team leadership
- Lead within the project teams to keep the innovation and commercialization work synchronized with the other aspects of national product launch efforts.
- Lead with the bakery and support teams to ensure no issues with production startup of new products by getting buy-in and implementation of the changes required to run new products.
- Project documentation and communication.
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Bimbo Canada Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com
- The preferred candidate will possess a MSc degree in Food Science or related discipline with a minimum of 8 to 10 years in product development experience encompassing concept to launch of new products.
- Preferably hands-on experience working in large scale bakery environment including expertise in baking technology of pan breads, rolls, bagels, flatbreads, and hearth-style products. Knowledge of various bakery processes and equipment is a definite asset along with the ability to conduct lab / bench top baking.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to simultaneously handle a number of projects at various stages of development.
- Strong people management skills and experienced in providing leadership and direction to product developers and ability to work with cross functional teams and stakeholders for commercialization requirements.
- Strong technical report writing and presentation skills.
- Must have an advanced knowledge of food chemistry, ingredients impacting fermentation, formulae, statistics and recipe costing requirements.