Bimbo Canada (formerly Canada Bread Company, Limited) is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Vachon®, Hostess®, and Sara Lee®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns and rolls, and snack cakes.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Bimbo Canada seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being, and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business plans to grow by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snacks categories.
The Distribution Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the loading and shipping of fresh products from the production facility to Distribution Centres and other locations.
- Preparing shipment schedule and coordinate with DC for service time
- Oversee orders that leave the warehouse and they are responsible for the timely and safe delivery to the clients
- Thoroughly document and keep track of their work in a neat and organized manner
- Communications about shipment orders, requests for tracking information and handling return requests
- Oversee the FG Reconciliation process.
- Manage FG inventory and ensure FIFO is implemented for outbound
- Manpower schedule for hourly associate based on weekly production schedule, organizing offline work
- Conduct performance review min. yearly with hourly associates, create development action plans for associates.
- Use analytical skills to define, justify and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Keep warehouse clean and organized
- Ensure customer satisfaction by maintaining product integrity; practicing highest levels of GMP’s and conforming to HACCP pre-requisite program and all associated SOP’s.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal teams – Production, Sanitation and Maintenance and external stakeholders – transportation, suppliers, auditors and the depots.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Improving efficiency
- Advancing the cultural shift for full associate engagement
- Improvement of safety management
- Development of leadership in distribution department
- 2 to 5 years of Distribution/Shipping and Receiving experience.
- Candidate must be detail oriented and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Oracle is considered a major asset
- Ability to work with independently with positive attitude and in a professional manner
- Excellent organizational skills plus ability to manage multiple priorities
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel is a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics