Forklift Operator Lead Hand
Distribution Manager - GTA
217 Attwell Drive, Etobicoke, ON M9W 5B9
$22.00 per hour.
Who We Are:
Bimbo Bakehouse is a leader in the baking industry, known for its category leading brands, innovative products, freshness and quality. As part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company, Bimbo Bakehouse is proud to share the company philosophy: Highly Productive and Deeply Humane. At Bimbo Bakehouse
we are guided by our values, which place the person at the center. We foster a culture of safety, trust, teamwork and support for our associates and promote their personal and professional development.
The Forklift Lead Hand position will be responsible for leading and performing the Shipping, Receiving and Production Reporting role. This position liaisons with Production, QA, Maintenance, HR and Purchasing.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Ensure all outbound shipments are accurately processed in Oracle daily.
- Maintain detailed logs for all shipments.
- Ensure all inbound raw material and packaging receipts are accurately processed in Oracle daily.
- Ensure the receiving log is accurately updated in Oracle daily.
- Ensure all production receipts are accurately processed in Oracle daily.
- Ensure all raw material and packaging is delivered to production in a timely basis ensuring FEFO is followed.
- Ensure temperature checks are taken and recorded daily.
- Ensure all pre-operational inspections are completed before equipment use and report any issues immediately.
- Participate in the cycle counting process.
- Participate in variance investigations for raw material, packaging and finished goods.
- Direct the daily activities of your Team and provide support where needed.
- Ensure all safety and food safety guidelines are followed.
- Process all CHEP movements.
- Ensure break coverage is provided for the Palletizer role.
- Perform duties assigned to you by your Supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Data entry experience preferably in Oracle and Excel
- Oracle experience in a Supply Chain capacity is an asset
- WMS exposure is an asset
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety and HACCP policies and procedures in a food manufacturing facility.
- CHEP Portfolio experience is an asset
- Valid forklift license
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to lead a Team
- Team player with a prejudice towards Safety
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work overtime as required
We thank all interested applicants, but only those selected will be contacted. Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Bakehouse (Formerly Canada Bread Company Limited/Wholesome Harvest Baking) are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, and reference check.
- Warm and humid working environment
- Cold working environment as well when loading into freezer
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment, repetitive tasks, and stand for extended hours
- Physically demanding, heavy lifting, must be able to handle weight up to 40 lbs.