Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com
The Senior Manager, Logistics, Western Canada is an integral member of the regional management team. This position will lead the logistics, transportation, and distribution activities in the West, working closely with other regional function leaders. Reporting to the Director, Supply Chain, Western Canada in Edmonton, the incumbent will lead a team of 6 direct reports, 17 salaried associates and roughly 150 hourly staff situated in both unionized and non-unionized settings across 4 distribution centers, located in Manitoba, Alberta and British Columbia. The successful candidate will be a critical player in fostering a continuing positive change management initiative as the organization transitions into an automated, Oracle supported setting. The individual will possess strong critical thinking skills coupled with a proven ability to lead and motivate people in a transformational manner while also collaborating influentially across varied and supporting functions in the business.
- A university degree or advanced training in Supply Chain Management or related field is required
- 10-15 years progressive experience in supply chain management in a CPG/Food and Beverage manufacturing environment or equally high volume turn industry
- Previous management experience coupled with an ability to transition strategic direction and tactical execution in distribution, warehousing and transportation
- Customer facing capability and the ability to represent the company outside the organization
- Proven success in effectively working with other functional divisions such as Manufacturing, Forecasting, Sales, Customer Service and Production Planning
- Results-driven with a strong performance, cost management and bottom-line orientation
- A proactive change agent who can eliminate operational silos and gain collaboration across the business
- Experience with ERP systems and processes
- Proficiency in Lean and Agile methodologies, Value Stream Mapping and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Must be self-managed and able to set priorities among conflicting mandates.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communications skills
- Business acumen including analytical, information system and computer skills
- Assertive and mature management style with proven success in achieving "win-win” results
- An eye for detail and a commitment to consistency and excellence coupled with a resourceful and problem-solving disposition
- Able to motivate others, demonstrate sound judgment and be adaptable and flexible
- A bias for action and a willingness to both drive and initiate results
- Grounded and approachable, yet fully able to interact effectively with formal and corporate obligations as required
- Support the delivery of transportation and warehousing operation plan. Ensure cost-effective daily replenishment and resource/monitor cost reduction initiatives in support of improved logistics costs.
- Review existing logistics and distribution processes and performance and make recommendations for improvement as required
- Prepare and maintain operational budgets
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Forecasting, Sales, Customer Service and Production Planning to maximize servicing deliverables
- Interact with customers as required and support sales initiatives to meet customer needs
- Implement plans across all facets of supply chain including master planning, logistics, order management and IT process optimization
- Ensure that logistics and distribution framework is lean, cost effective, resilient and scalable for future growth.
- Direct the generation of routine reports, variance analysis, special analysis and recommend corrective action as required
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives within the Supply Chain function and coach reports and associates on the identification and improvement of performance issues
Career opportunities are excellent within the organization. The incumbent should exhibit the capability and interest to be promoted upward in the organization.