Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com
The position of Product Developer will appeal to individuals who are passionate about participating in the creation and execution of new and improved products. The individual will need to be self-motivated, team oriented, enjoy a fast-paced environment, dogged in their pursuit of the end goal and capable of bringing creative approaches to trouble shooting and problem resolution. Must also enjoy the 'hands-on' nature of the job that will require involvement in both pilot and plant activities. A passion for food science and technology with an ability to use Science and Technology to drive Innovation and meet consumers’ needs will be important.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Develops new products from concept inception to final plant execution
- Participates in cross functional teams responsible for projects
- Conducts pilot and plant trials
- Develops product costs and Bills of Materials
- Maintains project files to ensure collection and transfer of learning and knowledge
- Conducts competitive reviews to assist in identifying opportunities
- Maintains current knowledge by reading and disseminating academic and trade literature
- Is fully abreast of market food trends and constantly brings new ideas for innovation
- Interfaces with and leverages the supplier community to achieve project goals
- Participates in product sensory trials using internal and external panels
- Ensures Regulatory compliance of products by interfacing with Regulatory Affairs
- Utilizes good project management skills in the conduct of their duties
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Has the ability to provide training and influence through strong presentation skills
- Travel to other plants in the system or co-manufacturing sites is required
- This role may require hours in excess or outside of normal working hours to accommodate testing which is dependent upon line availability in the bakery.
Please note all offers of employment at Bimbo Canada are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Bimbo Canada Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com
- B.A.Sc. in Food Science or a related Science discipline
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Product Development, preferably in Bakery
- Experience conducting plant trials and/or working in a plant environment
- Functionally competent in MS Office programs
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and recommend solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication in English (French and Spanish are a plus)