Canada Bread Company, Limited is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada. The growth strategy is to focus on market leadership in all commercial bread categories. The company operates 19 bakeries and employs approximately 4,550 associates across Canada. It seeks to create value by leading innovation in products and service delivery in the bakery industry, enhancing distribution services and processes, and continuing to grow premium white and whole grain breads, tortillas, bagels, rye, buns, and rolls.
As an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, Canada Bread seeks to grow value-added bakery segments by focusing on health and well-being and penetrating new bakery segments and channels of distribution. The business will continue to grow market leadership and margins by investing in the premium whole grain product category, and by delivering continued product innovation in other bakery and snack categories.
Canada Bread serves major grocery chains, retail outlets, and foodservice operations across Canada. The company distributes branded products in the discount, mainstream, and super-premium segments, and is the leading producer in most major bakery categories. It also produces private label products for grocery and foodservice outlet.
Position Title: Sanitation Operator
Reports To: Sanitation Supervisor
Location: Trillium Bakery (745 Nebo Road)
Individual performs a variety of labouring activities, including operating plant sanitation or related equipment to clean and maintain production work area, equipment, tools, and machines. Associate works both as a member of crew and individually, under minimal supervision, to perform the functions of the job. The role requires following instructions and pre-established guidelines.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Clean and sanitize a variety of complex plant equipment, tools, machines and production work area; ensuring the highest level of cleanliness
- Operate plant machines, sanitation equipment and tools (ex: floor scraper, power wash, ranches, steamers etc.) to perform cleaning activities as required
- Operate, remove, and install conveyors for cleaning and sanitizing
- Inspect equipment for issues and report to shift supervisor
- Read and apply instructions identified on the labels of products used for sanitation process
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health & Safety legislation, Company Joint Health & Safety Programs, and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Follow WHMIS standards
- Actively participate in, and report all Health & Safety/Quality issues to Shift Supervisor/QA
- Other duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Completion of high school
- Experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of English both written and oral
- Must be able to learn and understand the use of chemical and sanitizer
- Mathematical and Computer skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Able to work flexible shift as required
- Attention to detail, work in a safe manner
- Able to work along and as a team member
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Be able to follow GMP & Food Safety regulations
- Warm and humid working environment
- Work with chemicals
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment, repetitive tasks, and stand for extended hours
- Physically demanding, heavy lifting, must be able to handle weight up to 40 lbs.
Please note all offers of employment at Canada Bread Company, Limited are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
- Must be available for Saturdays, both shifts (Days & Afternoon Shifts)
- Day Shift (6:30am-2:30pm)
- Afternoon Shift (1:00pm-9:00pm)
- Schedule could change every week, therefore need to be available for both shifts every Saturday
- 8 hour shifts - potentially more shifts available depending on Supervisor's scheduling
Canada Bread Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Canada Bread Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com.