Stonemill, a business unit within Bimbo Canada, has a history of being a family bakehouse with over 100 years of European baking heritage. We use that knowledge in every loaf we bake. We are stubbornly serious about slow crafting great tasting, deliciously healthy and 100% natural bread with flavors often only found overseas. Grupo Bimbo (GB) continuously strives to be a highly productive and deeply “humane” company and strongly believes that the associates of the company are core to its success.
- Hours: Saturdays Only - 3:00am-1:30pm
- Pay: $15/hr
This is a part-time role, which presents a great opportunity to work in a customer orientated, dynamic, fast-paced facility in the Food Industry.
A Bakery Clerk performs a variety of duties throughout the day. This requires good organizational and time management skills
- Operates cash register, taking customers’ money and making change.
- Marking sure the display cases are fully stocked with baked goods; ensuring all prices and ingredients are labeled correctly
- Arrange baked goods in an attractive manner in the display cases and on shelves; making sure displayed baked goods are fresh, and removes any that could have become stale after a period of time
- Greets customers in a pleasant and helpful manner
- Answers customers’ questions about food ingredients and other aspects of the baked goods
- Absolutely maintain a clean work environment at all times
Required Education and Experience;
- This role requires customer service skills such as interpersonal, communication and conflict management skills
- Must have technical ability to operate a cash register
- Ability to multitask; including the ability to seamlessly switch tasks
- Requires a steady hand and ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- physically demanding, must be able to lift large, heavy racks with baked goods
- Must have manual dexterity and be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to learn basic food handling and safety concepts
- Must be prepared to work extra hours when required.
- Must have excellent work and attendance record
- Experience working in bakery, fast-space, customer orientated environment is an asset
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Effective communication skills including, basic reading and writing skills
- Requires Basic Math skills
- Previous Experience working in a bakery where its fast-space, customer orientated environment is an asset
- Required to work in a fast-paced environment; as the bakery can get quite busy depending on the time of day
Please note all offers of employment at Canada Bread Company, Limited are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check. This may include anything up to and including a criminal history check, reference checks and/or credit check.
Canada Bread Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job seekers with disabilities who require accommodation during the recruitment process or would like more details about accessibility should contact Canada Bread Accessibility at CB_Accessibility@grupobimbo.com