Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company.
We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com
This position reports to a Supervisor, Package Graphics. As a member of the Package Graphics team, assist in managing the packaging graphics and 3D product imaging functions for internal customers, (Marketing, Operations, and Sales), for a designated group of brands, by gathering information from Product Development, Regulatory, Operations, and other Corporate functions and preparing work orders for pre-press vendors and package printers. This person will assist in proofing work orders for and package art/3D renderings submitted by pre-press vendors.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Education and Work History:
- Gather and organize information required to place orders with pre-press vendors for package art development.
- Request product samples and organize information required to place orders with pre-press vendors for 3D product image renderings
- Prepare pre-press work orders by including a detailed Project Brief, Nutritional Regulatory Sheet and pick-up art.
- Manage project timelines and project work order queue
- Proof incoming art from pre-press suppliers against the pre-press work order documents assuring accurate copy and quality for new and revised art.
- Proof incoming 3D art from pre-press vendors
- Track and file mechanical production art and 3D product renderings
- Audit and record invoices
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word and Excel required
- Good interpersonal, problem solving and team interaction skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented project management skills, with follow-through to meet deadlines
- Interest in learning about commercial printing aspects, including:
- Line versus process printing
- Color matching
- Pantone matching system
- Die lines
- On-site press approvals for first print runs of packaging
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions