Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company.
We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for maintenance of all production equipment, operation and maintenance of utility services and building facilities
- Have ability to create and develop relationships, which will enable them to influence and effect change through others
- Be an integral member of the Plant’s Management team that provides strategic direction and day to day management of 15 associates.
- Research new equipment and technology to enable the Plant to operate in an extremely competitive environment
- Support in the initiation, development and installation of capital projects/initiatives to improve associate safety, product quality, productivity and plant efficiencies.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction programs through new methods.
- Minimize production downtime by ensuring the maintenance staff is properly scheduled, trained, equipped and motivated while ensuring associate safety.
- Ambassador to promote our associate safety and ensure overall compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Promote associate compliance to GMPs and all related food safety practice
- Support all mechanical contracted services (refrigeration, electrical, construction)
- Support a preventative maintenance program
- Implement improvement programs and projects
- Assist to produce capital request, develop and manage a capital plan budget
- Administer weekly departmental budget spending responsibilities; report and address any discrepancies
- Schedule and monitor all installations, equipment reliability work and PSSRs
- Conduct PSR’s on new or used equipment
- Develop, lead and coach associates through effective training and communication
PREFERRED HIRING CRITERIA:
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- At least 5 years’ progressive maintenance experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment (preferably in a food manufacturing plant) with a proven track record in outstanding results within their scope of responsibility
- Possesses sound knowledge of troubleshooting, adjusting or repairing equipment, including PLCs
- Working knowledge of Maximo or other preventative maintenance software, including proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to maintain composure while managing pressure
- Highly developed interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to delegate and hold people accountable for results/satisfactory completion of tasks
- Effective team building skills, demonstrated ability to strive for results
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and presentation skills, both formally and informally
- Available to work flexible shifts to ensure accountability for all necessary maintenance troubleshooting
- Experience with food processing, CFIA and HACCP would be an asset
- Certification as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) would be an asset
- Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline) or Engineering Technologist degree