Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company.
We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com
We are seeking a Warehouse Supervisor who will oversee staff and operations ensuring a high service level. This role is an overnight shift and will be Sunday to Thursday from 11 pm to 7:30 am.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Maintain the safety of the warehouse team & visitors
- Assist in managing warehouse budgets (including labour spend, lift truck maintenance, inventory management, etc.)
- Identify and drive measurable cost savings & process improvement initiatives
- Assist in managing warehouse service targets, productivity & KPIs
- Scheduling and supervision of Warehouse labour
- Coordinate Frozen shipping requirements
- Manage constant communication with customer service on status of orders, shortages and late shipments.
- Responsible for warehouse and transit damaged and/or returned product.
- Manage housekeeping and sanitation of area to comply with Food Safety requirements (GMP, QSA, AIB, and BRC).
- Maintain strong communication with production leadership to ensure proper flow of product through finished goods inventory.
- Day-to-day activity of warehouse department.
- Preparation for all plant audits, AIB, QSA, BRC and customer audits
- Attend and conduct daily shift meetings using departmental KPI and 5S methodologies.
- Drive leadership coaching and development with the hourly staff.
- Manage employee relation issues with use of Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for ensuring all employees are aware of the operating/safety procedures.
- Participation of recruitment, selection, and on boarding of new employees.
- Motivate, coach, train and develop line staff.
- Maintain and monitor KPI’s/CTQ’s to share with team to ensure team is meeting objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring all parties practice proper stock rotation FIFO
Preferred Hiring Criteria:
Bimbo Canada is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- 5+ years experience in warehouse supervision preferably in food, refrigerated industry
- 5+ years experience in people management & coaching
- Highly developed interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to delegate and hold people accountable for results/satisfactory completion of tasks
- Effective team building skills, demonstrated ability to strive for results
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and presentation skills, both formally and informally
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and Excel, experience with an ERP system like Oracle or SAP an asset
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in preferred