Who are we?
Bimbo Canada is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. Dempster’s is the national brand leader and a market leader in the health and well-being segment of bread products in Canada
You would become a member of our maintenance team learning different skills by working alongside qualified license maintenance professionals in a fast-paced, food manufacturing environment. To ensure you are learning all the aspects of the trade, you will be required to attend school on a day release program. Where you will learn certain trade skills and apply them on the job. Attending school is a requirement of the program and the timing will be based on both the availability of the school schedule and the needs of the business.
Must be flexible and willing to work any shift/time
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent required. Successful candidates must provide proof of Grade 12 (or GED) to Ministry of Training, colleges and Universities when signing up for the Apprenticeship
- Must be registered with the Ontario College of Trades
- Must be pursuing Industrial Millwright designation – 433A and in 3rd or 4th year
- Related work experience and/or training in a machining environment (high volume automotive manufacturing environment would be viewed as an asset); experience with CNC machines a definite asset
- Able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, at all levels of the organization.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Strong mathematical, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills are required. Computer fundamentals an asset
- Must possess good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be able to demonstrate good multi-tasking skills and deal with a rapidly changing work environment
- Must work in compliance of Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations
- Strong Electronic/Mechanical background is considered a definite asset.
- Must have ability to safely lift up to 40-50lbs