Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country. Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly productive and deeply humane company. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com.
As a key member of the Bimbo Canada Marketing Team, you will be managing a variety of critical marketing activities as well as developing and implementing best in class processes related to these activities. The scope of the position includes management, administration and training of the Purchase Order system & processes, coordinating the set up of new Vendors, managing the Sku set up & rationalization process encompassing the tracking of cross functional responsibilities and the execution of GS1 / ECC Net. In addition to working closely with the Marketing Team on all of the above, you will be leading/assisting a variety of marketing special projects as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Manage the purchase order (PO) process, execution & training, including supporting the year end accrual process and leading the resolution of any PO or invoice related inquiry initiated by Marketing, Vendors or Accounts Payable.
- Track the total Advertising and Promotional spend vs Budget and ensure all monthly forecasting is completed on time and balances.
- Track the payment of invoices versus estimates of select vendors to ensure accuracy
- Execution, analysis and oversight of the media buy invoicing process and balance of spend
- Co-ordinate and ensure the timely set up of new Vendors within our financial systems
- Be the single point of contact between Marketing and GS1/ECC Net for registering, publishing and updating SKU information within the platform including resolving any system issues that arise.
- Ensure the timely completion of monthly tasks by Marketing
- Manage the INMAR coupon relationship and monthly invoicing process
- Review current Marketing processes and be a change agent in proposing ways to streamline and simplify
- Lead/assist with various special projects
- A champion of process change and improvement
- Sound problem solving skills, drive to take initiative with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong organization skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills with an ability to comfortably interact with all levels of management as well as outside suppliers and contacts
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Sound financial analytic skills and strong attention to detail
- Comfortable in quickly learning new processes and software programs
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of the organization with a positive attitude
- Strong computer skills including: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience with Oracle, Concur, GS1/ECC Net an asset
- College or Bachelor’s degree
- 2 plus years’ experience in a similar role