Bimbo Canada is Canada’s largest bakery, operating for more than 100 years. It is a leading producer and distributor of fresh packaged breads and snacks with more than 1,000 products across 18 brands Canadians know and love, like Dempster’s®, Stonemill®, Villaggio®, Vachon® cakes and Takis®. Bimbo Canada is proud to feed Canadian families with safe, high-quality products they can trust made by Canadians, for Canadians at 16 bakeries, 14 distribution centres and 191 depots across the country.
Bimbo Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company. Together, they are nourishing a better world with delicious baked goods and snacks by building a sustainable, highly-productive and deeply-humane company. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace that promotes equity and belonging, where all associates can develop and contribute to the transformation of our company, the baking industry and our communities. For more, visit www.bimbocanada.com
We are currently looking to hire a Distribution Supervisor who is looking to take the next step in their career.
The ideal candidate will oversee the team of shippers while ensuring that the highest standards of safety and efficient productivity are achieved with the objective of shipping accurate orders to our customer in a timely manner. Maintain a high level of productivity, staff morale and staff co-operation in a unionized environment.
- Act as a conduit for the business on the dock through the night with the franchisee network.
- Arrange special deliveries as needed to fulfill demand.
- Work closely with experienced staff and equipment to help increase efficiencies throughout the warehouse facilities.
- Utilize the optimal number of hourly personnel to fulfill service requirements while maximizing productivity and minimizing labour costs.
- Effectively handle union relations and including the grievance process.
- The ability to deal with an extremely fast environment, handling pressure situations and to effectively make quick decisions with accuracy.
- The preferred candidate will possess a post-secondary education and a minimum of 2-3 years supervisory experience or relevant experience in supply chain, shipping, etc.
- Previous experience in a unionized food, dairy, beverage or packaged goods industry is a definite asset.
- Working knowledge of inventory/Oracle PC data systems is an asset.
- Ability to successfully use MS office for daily operations.
- The incumbent must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to work all shifts days/afternoons/nights and weekends on rotational basis.